- The information we collect and how we use it
When you register with our website, you will be providing us with your information. We need to know your name, e-mail address, and contact telephone numbers, sectors in which you are interested and geographic regions of interest.
When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide
- How we use your information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website.
- To notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account
- To administer our website and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To keep our website safe and secure.
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information in connection with the purposes above.
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances
- Third parties to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. These third parties will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support).
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other MyLand user to legal liability.
- Other agencies in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose name, street address, city, county, postcode, country, phone number and email address
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
- Storage of your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters to ensure that your password is strong, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
- Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, unsubscribing via any marketing emails we send or amending your details.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.